Please note the following requirements and restrictions.
- We will need to verify your identity and permanent address by means other than driving licence
- You will need to provide two forms of ID – Major Credit Card, Passport, Driving licence, Bank Statement (less than 1 month old), Utility Bill (less than 3 months old).
Photocopy of each will be taken and retained.
- We will need to check your licence to make sure it’s valid for vehicle being hired and address is permanent address.
Photocopy will be taken and retained.
- We cannot hire to persons who have been disqualified in past 2 years.
- We cannot hire to persons who have 3 or more convictions on the licence (unless spent).
- We cannot hire to persons who have any of the following in the past 5 years:
- Theft UT
- Drink or Drugs DR
- Dangerous Driving DD
- Driving whilst disqualified BA
- Licence LC
- Careless Driving CD
- or NI equivalent
- We cannot hire to persons with less than 24 months regular riding experience
- We cannot hire to persons in the following occupations:
- Bookmaker, turf accountant, gambling industry (amusements, fruit machines, casinos or club employees)
- Entertainment and related industries including fairgrounds etc
- Professional Sports
- Professional modelling
- Publicans or working in the licence trade
- Street traders or market traders
- Scrap metal merchants and dealing
- Diplomatic profession
- couriers or messengers
- Undergraduates or students under 25 years of age
- We cannot hire to persons who have had insurance declined or refused.
- We cannot hire to persons with any criminal convictions.
- We cannot hire to persons with more than one fault accident within the past 3 years.
- We cannot hire to persons over 75 years old.
UK Licence with Photo ID only
From 8 June 2015 UK driving licence holders hiring vehicles within the UK will need to use the new online DVLA service “Share Driving Licence” to validate their driving record as the paper counterpart to the photocard driving licence will no longer be valid.
“Share Driving Licence” will generate a one-time code which is valid for a maximum period of 21 days and requires the driver to submit their driving licence number, National Insurance number and home postcode.
To access the service and generate your DVLA Share Driving Licence code click here.